Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Party Table Scape

I love Christmas and as always, the whole house is trimmed from top to bottom.  Every year, for my annual Christmas Cookie Baking Party, I try to come up with a new setting for the the dining room table for our luncheon. This year it was set beautifully for all to enjoy, gift bags for everyone (see below) included a CD of Christmas music, a pashmina, random Christmas themed gifts for all, a dated baking party coffee mug, as well as a candy bar.  Christmas presents to take home and enjoy, and to remember what a great day we had.

 In the box covered in plaid wrapping paper and a handmade bow was the coffee mug.  On the table I used an off white silver and gold plaid tablecloth, ran red plaid and buffalo checked wool scarves across the the table, red chargers, off white plates, a holly rimmed salad plate, silver flatware, shiny linen napkin tied with baker's twine, silver jingle bell, a homemade place card with everyone's name and a sprig of cedar. 

Down the center of the table I used more fresh cedar, as well as, artificial flocked scotch pine greens with red berries and pine cones tucked into the fresh greens.  Also tucked into the greens, champagne and red glittered pine cones, and large gold, silver/champagne colored Christmas balls that matched the same balls in the chandelier.  The champagne sled and glittered reindeer and the champagne bottle brush and red berry trees, were down the center of the table.

All the girls sat down to a lunch of  Creamy Brie with Grapes and Fresh Pears, Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Almonds with a Mayonnaise Dill dressing or Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Almonds with a Dijon Mustard and Dill dressing, A Layered Vegetable Salad and A Greek Pasta Salad with Feta Cheese.

Then it was on to dessert, Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza or Peanut Butter Bars.
Party Gifts - Everyone had a pashmina tied in a bow to the backs of their chairs to take home with them.
 And my creative sister had these mugs made for everyone as a remembrance for a hard days work.  

The CD was also made by my sister, she put a lot of hard work into that too. Thanks sis for all your help!
Another gift, the candy bar I put together. I bought Christmas themed food containers to stuff with chocolate for everyone to take home as well.

This is how I made the candy bar jars.
I re-used these crock jars that I had, and started with a roll of burlap and lace ribbon.
Cut it to go just halfway around the jars, then used a smaller Christmas ribbon to run down the center of the lace.
 
I ran a line of hot glue down the center of the lace and carefully pressed the Christmas ribbon on the glue.
That was easy, look how cute that is!
All three are done, I actually made more, the candy bar kept expanding.
I wrapped the jar with the ribbon and used hot glue to attach it to the jar.  The glue will peel right off when all the candy is gone and the jar is used for something else.  I tucked the chalkboard signs with twine down inside the ribbon to hold it, added a clothes pin clip, but thought it needed something else so I added the cedar sprig.  CUTE!
When all the jars were done, I filled them with chocolate and peppermint candy, what woman doesn't like chocolate or candy?!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, Peace and Love to everyone who follows this blog!




0 comments:

Post a Comment