Monday, May 11, 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow?

My house has been busy, busy for the last four weeks, no time to write a blog!  The flower beds are all done and I finally got the vegetable garden planted, not done yet though.  I am waiting to see if my Critter Ridder truly does work in keeping the animals at bay.  So far it has, it's been 1 week and it's still standing.   I may fence it, but only if the animals get out of hand and eat my plants.  I would like to keep it natural looking, putting up a fence is a pain and makes it hard to get in and out of, kind of like Fort Knox! I love wildlife but it frustrates me when all they do is ruin everything I plant.

I planted corn, beets, kale, spinach, green beans, yellow beans, purple beans, peas, sugar snap peas, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuces, fennel, onions and carrots.  It sounds like a lot but I didn't put a lot of plants in, just enough for us.  I also planted herbs - basil, oregano, rosemary, Italian parsley, chives, sage, mint and thyme that are on the deck.  I love using fresh herbs all throughout the year when I cook, I also use them in drinks, for cool refreshing flavors.
This is my secret weapon, supposed to last for 30 days, we'll see how that goes!








0 comments:

Post a Comment