Saturday, May 16, 2015

Movin' Things Around

I get bored easily and that is not a good thing.  When I get bored, I start looking around the house to change things to keep it looking fresh and new.  I'll move an entire room full of furniture just to have a new look, I know it's crazy, but it beats buying new furniture all the time and it's cheaper!

I recently changed out the kitchen furniture with the dining room furniture, and was looking for an inexpensive console table to use as a coffee bar, to get my Keurig off my kitchen counter, it takes up too much space.  I also wanted this table to have drawers and baskets under it for storage.  Well, to my surprise everywhere I looked these tables were not any less than $150 for a nice sturdy one that would accommodate the heavy pot and my glass canisters that store all my coffee needs.  I am a discount shopper remember? It had to be a whole lot less than that.  I waited it out, but kept my eyes open, went to Marshall's about 3 - 4 times a week, looking online, following ads in the local newspapers, I found nothing.  So I figured it wasn't going to happen for me to have this table.

I made one last trip to Marshall's, I got a gift card from the kids for Mother's Day and low and behold!  There is was, my table sitting in the middle of the store, all alone, no one looking at it but me.  Then I saw the price tag, yeah it was $149.99!  I checked it out, it was sturdy, the perfect size I needed, the color was right,  it had the drawers and a bottom shelf for storage baskets, but I still wasn't sure of the price.  I walked around the store, but kept my eye on it hoping no one else would grab it.  Went back to it again, asked someone to pull it out so I could really look at it, and discovered a tiny little flaw in the back where no one would notice it.  I called the manager over and asked if he could discount it since it was, after all, damaged.  He agreed, I thought maybe 10%, he reduced it by $30!  My mother always said, you don't get what you don't ask for.  I was so happy and finally I had my table, it was meant to be.

Here it is!
 And here is my discount, not visible from the front of the table, it's up against the wall and does not affect the overall appearance of the table.  I have paint to touch this up.
 Two nice size pullout drawers for storing extra coffee, and baskets for storing tablecloths and napkins.  The big wood handled baskets were $16.99 each, also at Marshall's.
 I love my new table all set up, but may have to go back to Marshall's for a pretty table lamp, I think it needs some height.



0 comments:

Post a Comment