Friday, May 8, 2015

Crafts and What Not

I'm trying to get the house done before summer and decided to spruce up some wreaths that I had in the garage.  They weren't in bad shape, they just needed to have the faded flowers removed and new ones glued on, I also added some new bows.  Just a couple of bucks and they look like new.

This wreath also gets flags put on to the right side to even it out.  I hang it every year on the front door for Memorial Day, Flag Day and July 4th.
 Took a plain grapevine wreath and added some sunflowers, lavender and a burlap bow for summer.
The yellow flowers on both of these wreaths were faded and dried out so I replaced them with new yellow flowers and made them look happy again.
 The hubby and I also made this pebble stone walkway between the deck and the shed that leads to the backyard.  It has been a thorn in my side since the shed was delivered about 9 years ago.  We needed the stepping stones in there because it's kind of damp and wet all the time.  You could not use the lawn mower to cut it, you had to use a weed whacker which always looked sloppy.  This year, yes after 9 years of trying to convince the hubby,  I FINALLY got the pebbles and re-set the pavers, looks so much better and no grass to worry about.  You can see how bad it was in the picture on the right.  First we layed weed preventing cloth, then staked it into place.  About 10 bags of pebbles ($3.29 each), the pavers I got 8 of them for $5 at a yard sale a couple of years ago and the weed preventing cloth was $1.00 for a whole roll on clearance, the walkway cost us about $39.00, not to bad to improve such a hard space, now it looks much nicer and neater.






0 comments:

Post a Comment