Monday, October 19, 2015

Not So Shrimpy Shrimp

My hubby wanted some kind of fish for dinner on Sunday night, so I took out jumbo shrimp.  There are alot of different ways to make shrimp, so it was something easy.  Shrimp is not the cheapest fish to buy, the price is always up.  But if I happen upon a sale, I buy it and store it in the freezer.  I usually buy cooked, shelled, deveined shrimp unless I am putting it on the grill, then I buy raw shrimp.

It was chilly outside on Sunday so I used cooked shrimp for this dish, because I was going to have to cook it inside.  I rummaged through the fridge, found a container full of fresh crab meat that I had to use and started pulling other ingredients out of the pantry.  I lined my ingredients up, and decided it would be crab stuffed butterflied shrimp with white wine butter sauce for dinner.  Amazing things happen in the kitchen when I let my creative juices flow. This shrimp was easy and didn't take a lot of time to prepare.  The hubby was oohing and ahhing all over the place when dinner was served, he was definitely a happy guy!

Just a few of my ingredients to make this awesome shrimp.
 Break the crab up with a fork, pick through it for any shells, and rinse the shrimp.
 Mix together mayo, breadcrumbs and old bay.
 Butterfly the shrimp, stand up on a baking sheet.
 Drop a teaspoon of the crab mixture on to each shrimp and bake.  I told you it was easy!
 The wine butter sauce for dipping, delicious!
 It was gone as soon as it hit the plate, yeah he devoured it, and repeatedly kept saying I love you, I love you, I love you......
Crab Stuffed Butterflied Shrimp with White Wine Butter Sauce

Ingredients
Olive Oil 
16-20 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2  lb of fresh crab meat, picked through for any shells
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seafood Seasoning

For the Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Juice of a whole lemon
1/2 cup dry white wine or cooking wine

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Use about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat a baking sheet so the shrimp do not stick to the pan.  Rinse the shrimp in a colander and make sure they are clean, no veins.  Taking a sharp knife go down the back of the shrimp, cutting it so you can open it, but do not cut all the way through.  Pull the shrimp open a little bit, and place them on the baking sheet cut side down with the tails up.

Add crab meat to a medium size bowl.  Add the mayo, breadcrumbs and Old Bay seasoning.  Mix until all is combined.  Drop 1 teaspoon of crab meat mixture to each flattened shrimp.  Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until crab meat is lightly browned.  You can also place under the broiler for a few minutes if you want it a little crispy, watch so they don't burn.

White Wine Butter Sauce: Melt butter in a small pan over medium high heat.  Add garlic and saute until fragrant.  Add the parsley and lemon juice.  Cook for 2 minutes, add the white wine.  Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 3 minutes.  Pour the sauce over the shrimp or serve on the side for dipping.






0 comments:

Post a Comment