Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sweet Little Piggies

You know those little cocktail wieners, well they are kind of a staple in our house, especially during the holidays.  I can have a whole elegant spread of food, and then I have to make those.  Everybody loves them.  All I do is wrap them in crescent dough, bake and set out ketchup and mustard for them.  Why they are such a hit, I don't know.  I found a new way of making them, someone on my old job made them for a party and I couldn't stop eating them.  I asked her for the recipe, you won't be disappointed. The ingredients are an odd combination, and you wouldn't think they would be good together, but surprisingly they are.  Who knew a little beef frank could taste good!
Recipe below.
To print recipe, click, highlight and print.
To view photos in a larger format, click on them.

So this is a package of those little beef franks, there are about 35 of them in a package, give or take.  Some of the ingredients I used, walnuts, honey, butter and brown sugar, that combo alone is good!
Melt the walnuts, honey, butter and brown sugar, this makes the sauce.
 After it melts, pour into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish, layer the crescent rolled franks in a single layer.  Bake them, and the sauce becomes this thick, gooey, sweet sensation that sticks to the little wieners, it's awesome!  Now, I didn't get a picture after they were baked, they looked so yummy, because I had take them to a friend's get together and wanted to serve them hot. Trust me they were good, I had the hostess ask me for the recipe!
Sweet Little Piggies In Blankets

Ingredients
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tube refrigerated crescent dough
1 package little wieners

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, walnuts, honey and brown sugar, stir together as it starts to melt.

Meanwhile, unroll the crescent dough and pinch seams so they stay together.  You should have a large rectangle of dough.  Start cutting the dough in strips on the short end, until you have enough for all the wieners in the package.  Roll each wiener in a piece of the dough.

When the butter mixture has melted pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish and spread it evenly.  Line the wieners seam side of dough down, on top of the butter mixture.  Bake uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes or until the crescent dough is golden brown and the mixture is bubbly.  Be careful not to burn them, as always all oven temperatures are different.



0 comments:

Post a Comment