Saturday, October 24, 2015

Yo Pork Chop, Stuff It!

We only eat pork a few times a year, so I like to keep it interesting when we do.   It is the other white meat so they say.  I am just really not a pork person, I don't know why, my mother always made it so good.  It is not an expensive meat to buy, I think it's as inexpensive as chicken.

I rummaged through the pantry to find out what to do with these two boneless center cut pork chops, there was just two of us eating.  I found cornbread stuffing that I keep on hand for times like these.  And so the story begins, I stuffed them and this is how I did it.

Two center cut boneless pork chops and a box of Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix.  Cook the stuffing according to package directions (secret - I didn't use the butter).
 While the stuffing was cooking, I trimmed almost all the fat from the chops with a sharp knife, I don't like the fat on my meat.  Be careful with that knife, you don't want a trip to the emergency room!
 Then I butterflied them, cut them down the center, but not all the way through.  A little olive oil in the bottom of my baking dish so they don't stick.
 I had some pork seasoning in the pantry as well, and sprinkled both of the chops with it.  I figured, what the hay, gives it more flavor.  Place them in the baking dish open side up.
 Ok, that stuffing is ready and time to stuff the pork chops.  Fill them until you can't fit anymore and close the lid (fold over the top of the pork chop).
 Sprinkle more of that pork seasoning on top, and about 2 tablesooons of water in the bottom of the dish.
....... cover with foil so they don't dry out, bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until juices run clear.  During baking, I baste with the juices.  And remember, all oven temperatures are different, so baking time will vary.
WOW!  Tender and juicy stuffed pork chops.  I didn't serve gravy, but you certainly could.
 
And there is nothing better with pork than apples.  I peeled two apples.......
 slice them, put them in a frying pan.....
 with 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
 What did I get?  Amazing cinnamon apples served right next to my stuffed pork chops!  What a yummy Fall meal, the hubby was happy too!  He said he fell in love all over again. With me that is, not the food.








0 comments:

Post a Comment