Thursday, April 14, 2016

They Came In A Box And They Were Good!

Donuts are a favorite of mine since I was a kid, and Sunday donuts on the table when my kids were little, along with the Sunday paper, was a happening thing in our house. A good coconut donut is heaven to me,  vanilla cake donut, glazed with a white sugar glaze and drowned in sweetened coconut, ahhh.... just thinking about it makes me want one.  

Now, I don't usually make foods from boxes, but these intrigued me.  I've made donuts before from scratch, apple cider donuts, which were delicious by the way.  But while I was out and about, I came across this mix by Stonewall Kitchens and thought I would give them a try.  I already had the donut pan to bake them in, instead of frying, which is better for you anyway.  These donuts were easy to mix, fast to bake and didn't take long to cool so I could frost and decorate them.

Simple directions and ingredients to mix these are on the back of the box.  The box says it makes 10-12 donuts, I did get 12 donuts out of the mix.  I used the Wilton donut pan to bake them. 
 They came out of the pan perfect!
 The frosting mix comes in the box too.  All you need is a little melted butter and milk to mix it up.
 I frosted all but two of them, the hubby likes his plain.  I sprinkled jimmies on a few and left the others just frosted.
Yummy, I can't wait to bite into one of these babies!
Sweet little treats....
 
make the whole house happy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment