Monday, April 25, 2016

We're Grillin'

It was clean up the gardens day and power wash the deck/house day at my house last week, that's why I have been missing you all.   Had to get a lot of weeds pulled, brush cleaned up and dirt/moss off the house and deck, after the winter snow and ice.  On days when I am busy outside, that takes all day, I want something easy to fix for dinner.  After cleaning the whole deck, washing all the furniture, decided it was a beautiful day to eat outside.  Outside is my favorite place to be when it's sunny and warm.  I'll eat my three squares out there all Summer and into Fall.

So, since the hubby and I were outside all day, dinner had to quick.  He fires up the grill and I get our meal ready.  I had this grill basket stored in the pantry, I don't think I ever used it!  I have a habit of doing that. I was going to grill up salmon, and thought it would be perfect for that instead of the perforated pan I usually use.  It worked great! Check it out, nothing broke off and fell into the flame and the salmon was grilled perfectly. You don't have to flip the salmon with a spatula, just turn the basket over.  It has a long handle and the basket locks into place, so nothing falls out, and I am sure you will find a lot of other ways to use this basket and cook things on your grill.

Into the grill basket, hit them both with fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper on both sides. I sliced lemon and grilled that too, it caramelizes and becomes sweet not sour, try it!
 Grill 4-6 minutes on each slide.  It's done when it flakes with a fork.  The salmon did not stick to the basket, didn't fall apart, and was perfectly cooked.
 I served it up with potatoes, peppers and onions with olive oil, salt and pepper.  I also cooked them on the grill in foil packets.  In about 20 minutes this whole meal was cooked to perfection and tasted phenom!
Just enough after a hard days work, and easy to prepare!

0 comments:

Post a Comment