Saturday, May 7, 2016

Dill, No Pickle Intended

Eating healthier does not have to taste bad, like you're chewing on cardboard or your food is not filling, flavor is the key. Using herbs, flavored vinegar, different kinds of mustard and sauces, will bring a dish to gourmet level.  I tried something new with salmon fillets I made for dinner, Dill Mustard Cream Sauce.  I usually grill salmon just plain, use a teriyaki sauce, or make a lemon pepper butter sauce.  I stepped out of the box on this one, I'm happy to say it was delicious and the hubby couldn't stop talking about it.  It was light fare, but was satisfying, I didn't want dessert afterwards, and I ALWAYS want dessert afterwards.
Recipe below.
To print recipe, click on it, highlight and print.
To view photos in a larger format, click on them. 

To make my Dill Mustard Cream Sauce, I started with a few ingredients.
 Cooked my salmon in a little olive oil and VOILA!  Perfect Salmon Fillets With Dill Mustard Cream Sauce.
 I served my salmon with whole grain Dijon mustard roasted potatoes and roasted green beans.
 So, so good!
Dill Mustard Cream Sauce
Ingredients
1 cup Light Sour Cream, I used Daisy I think it's the best
3 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl, whisk to combine. Serve over salmon, or any fish, it's great on vegetables too.  Makes about 1 1/4 cups of sauce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment