Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Eat a Fajita

This house likes Mexican food, a lot.  I make Mexican meals about two or three times a month, and I always try to find new ways to make it.  When I make my fajitas I usually use a seasoned skirt steak, grill it on the grill outside, and then thinly slice it and serve on tortillas. This time, I made them with leftover Filet Mignon that I had.  I tossed the thinly sliced meat with a little olive oil and fajita seasoning, along with peppers and sweet onion.  They turned out really good and because of the meat they were so tender.  

Making easy, fast meals is one of my favorites in the summer.  Summer is the time to relax without making food complicated and being stuck in the kitchen.  I like to relax after a meal and not have a kitchen and pots and pans to clean up. So this meal was given an A+ for taste, time and cleanup, because its done outside. 

I seasoned 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, one sweet onion  and leftover Filet Mignon, with one packet of fajita seasoning and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.  All are ready to go on the grill.
Grill peppers and onions until somewhat caramelized and meat is heated through.  When they are almost ready, grab those tortillas and grill them up a little on the grill.  All done and ready to eat!
 
Stuff them and eat with a dollop of sour cream.
Awesome!








0 comments:

Post a Comment