Monday, May 7, 2018

New Floor!

Oh my gosh I've been away for sooooo long!  A lot going on in my life this past year.  Found out I was going to be a first time grandmother (Nonna as I chose to be called)! SO excited for that, he was born in April and I am happy to say, he is the love of our family and so handsome.  In between all this exciting news, there was house hunting for his mommy and daddy, painting and decorating to be done at their new found house, then he arrived and all is balanced in life again, so happy for him and all of it!

Also, I have been a very busy Nonna at my own house.  I decided to finally get my family room floor done and remove the carpet in that room.  I couldn't be more thrilled with the way it turned out.  It made such a difference, and the match is just about perfect to the existing hardwood floor which was 13 years old. I did good by the old part of the hardwood floor by taking care of it, and in the end it paid off.

The old carpeted floor and the new hardwood floor, what a difference a day makes!
Tearing out the carpet and exposing the sub-flooring.
 Moisture barrier down, boards laid out across the floor and it's almost done.  The whole floor took about 8 hours worth of time to install.
 A few glitches that had to be fixed.
OK, so I'm really picky.  But hey, I paid a lot of money for this floor and it should be perfect, right?  The installer did good and fixed all those blue tape little problems I saw with my crazy eyes.  All was well in the end.
 He also left me a parting gift in case the kitties scratch my floor.  You would never know the cat scratched the floor after using this.  If you buy this, match it to the color of your floor, this color matched mine perfectly.



0 comments:

Post a Comment