Friday, September 6, 2013

It's Almost Harvest Time!

One of my favorite things to do is decorate the house for all of the seasons.  It drives my family crazy, I love it!  My mom always did it, especially at Christmas, she loved Christmas.  It must have rubbed off of her on to me.  I want my family to remember these things, like I do now, when they get older and have families of their own. I don't think they appreciate the beauty of the decorating, but they will.  My oldest daughter is already on board with decorating for the seasons, I only have 3 more kids to go!

The mantel is one of the best places in the house I like to decorate.  The black candlesticks I reused and topped with the glass pumpkins.
 This little guy is one of my favorites, he is so cute nibbling on an acorn!  The scarecrow I bought a few years ago from Avon.  He is fiber optic, I sit him on top of a bale of hay.  Garlands are from Michael's.
 Crows from Dollar Tree.  Pillow is from IKEA - Cover $7.00 and Cushion $6.99.
 The banner I made myself from heavy craft paper, scrapbook paper and ribbon.  Use a printer to print out wording.
Owl - Ross $4.99 on clearance, feathers - Michael's, Metal Pumpkin Pot with Lid - Home Goods $14.99








0 comments:

Post a Comment