Sunday, September 29, 2013

Delicious And Easy Chicken Sandwiches

I had to make a fast meal the other night for dinner, so I went to my freezer and found my old stand-by, Perfect Portion Perdue Chicken Breasts.  They were the Italian style flavor, so they were seasoned, and I was thinking "what could I do with them".  My brain sprung into action - bread them and make sandwiches.  My son works at an Italian bakery, we always have fresh rolls in the the house, so that part was taken care of.  Check out the Perdue Perfect Portions at you grocery store.  They come 5 to a pack, are individually wrapped, they come plain or seasoned, and I always find coupons for them online, you can' t beat that.  They are a staple in my house and I stock up when they go on sale.


Take the chicken breast out of the wrapping one at a time and bread them.  It can get a little messy since they are already seasoned, so I do it that way.  Have a plate of bread crumbs waiting and a clean plate to put the breaded chicken on.  Coat both sides of the seasoned chicken in the breadcrumbs.
Into a heated frying pan with a little olive oil, cook for about 6 -8 minutes on each side.  Get them nice and brown.  Drain on some paper towels.
 Slice up lettuce, tomato and onion.  I also served different cheeses with mine - Pepper Jack, Colby-Jack, Swiss and American Cheese.  Mayo, Honey Mustard, Barbeque Sauce and Hot Sauce are other condiments that are good on the chicken sandwiches.  Look's good, right! 
 I served the sandwiches with seasoned waffle fries and spicy ketchup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment