Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Autumn Splendor........

Autumn truly is a wonderful time of color.  The leaves rustling, changing to a palette of shades in red, gold, brown and orange, that make a beautiful backdrop against the sky.  These are some of my favorite colors, the harvest colors, I show them all through my home during the time of Fall.  Here are a few of the ways I use them.

I made this grapevine wreath for the front door last year.  This year I hung the metal Crow's Nest sign on it.  Rust and Yellow colored mums with Fountain grass.  TIP:  A great way to store all of your wreaths is to cover them with a trash bag that fits over the wreath and hang in the garage.  Mine hang off of a ceiling beam in my garage, up and away from everything so they don't get smashed or dirty.  I write what wreath it is on the trash bags so I know what is inside.
The berry wreath I've had for a number of years.  I found this cute ribbon with scarecrows and pumpkins on it at Michael's and made a bow, it hangs on the inside of the door.  Rooster grass, Kale and Mums.
 This little pine cone wreath I found in a gift shop a while ago. I just added a bow, it hangs inside the house in the foyer.  I switched out the lemons and hydrangeas, that decorated the rooster for Summer, for pumpkins, apples, pears, leaves, pine cones and acorns for Fall.
Found this box years ago at a farm gift shop and I stuff it with pumpkins, gourds, apples, pears, leaves and bittersweet.  I added the burlap bow this year.  It sits on the floor in my foyer.
The downstairs bathroom gets decorated too!  Metal cart with scarecrows, hay bales, pine cones and pumpkins.  Living room coffee table - I had the floral arrangement and added the feather's, also had the pumpkins and the lantern.
 Family Room coffee table candle basket - leaves, books, stars, pumpkins, acorns and paper flowers.
The picture frame and picture are from IKEA.  I spray painted the mat so it would match the picture. Spray paint is your friend! Remember that one.
 Kitchen window - Tied Fall ribbon around the topiaries.  The cabbages (4) were on clearance at Target.  The little wreath I made.
 This is what the cabbages look like up close.





0 comments:

Post a Comment