Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Just a Little Cupcake

I am a really simple cook, meaning I make everyday food. I always try to use basic ingredients in anything I cook or bake.  If I don't have an ingredient, I will substitute it with something else.  I always have a baked dessert ready for after dinner, even if it's just cupcakes.  My family loves when I cook and bake, they are my best food critics.   The question of the day always seems to be "Are You Cooking Dinner", "What's For Dinner" and "What's for Dessert"?  I get phone calls all day long with these questions!  Dinner time in our house is non-traditional by today's standards, it's more like the 1950's, we eat dinner together, talk and catch up on our day.  My kids have always looked forward to sitting at the dinner table.  Generally, we do not sit in front of the TV and eat fast food.  The only fast food we really eat is take out pizza, which is rare because I make my own.  Kids grow up so fast and it's nice to see 20 year olds that still want to sit and eat with their parents and keep this tradition going.  I hope my husband and I instilled in our children that dinner time is important as a family, and carry on this tradition when they have families of their own.




Posted on by The Bee Skep | No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment