Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Oops, I Changed It!

   I wasn't going to decorate around the front door this year, just wanted to put up a wreath and the sled by the front door.  I'm getting too old to be out in the freezing cold weather decorating, and then taking it down when most times there is snow outside.  I don't want to do it anymore, but it does look nicer when I do.  I scaled back alot of the decorating this year, the outside included.  I usually have spotlights all across the front of the house, didn't do it this year.  I'll use the landscaping lights, all I have to do is turn them on from inside the house!

SO, I added the garlands with lights to the front door and made new bows, because the old ones faded from the sun.  I buy wired ribbon, so if it doesn't fade, I can use it until I get tired of it.  All I do is store them in a plastic tub for next year, and then fluff them up a little, I do the same for the garlands.  I wrapped up weighted boxes in Christmas wrap with fancy bows and added them too, I wired them to the sled so they don't blow away.

So in order to keep me safe and uninjured (just doing this little bit I almost fell off the ladder!) this is all I did to the entryway this year.  It still looks festive, but with little effort, YAY!, I'm done the house, next is the tree.
 










0 comments:

Post a Comment