Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Quick and Easy Stromboli

When it's just the hubby and I for dinner, sometimes I just don't feel like cooking, so we'll order in or go out. We often go to a small family owned restaurant near us, that serves a lot of home style cooking and sandwiches.  One of the things they have on their menu, that we'll order often, is a ham, cheese, sweet pepper and onion Stromboli.  It's so good when it's piping hot, the cheese is melting all over the place and the dough is soft and bread like.  Well, I was in the kitchen trying to replicate this Stromboli that we love and got pretty close to the textures and flavors, yeah I was happy with myself, so here is my take on the Stromboli.

These are my ingredients.  I didn't use sweet onion  in this one, but try it, it's really good with them.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  I started with a roll of seamless sheet crescent roll dough, a little more soft and flaky than the pizza dough but really just as good.  Unroll it on a cutting board so it lays flat.
 Layer down the center, 6 slices of imported ham (more if you like), I used low salt ham, sweet peppers, chopped sweet onions (if you are using them), and shredded mozzarella cheese.  Roll it up starting on the long side, make sure the seam side is down, and make a few slits on the top of the dough for the steam to escape.
 Carefully lift it and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, with seam down and the slit side up.
 Bake for 30 -35 minutes or until golden brown.  Lookin' pretty good!
 And yummy too!  One roll served the two of us and we had a piece leftover.  This is so easy to make, only takes minutes to bake, and it's good for a day when you just don't feel like cooking.







0 comments:

Post a Comment