Thursday, March 26, 2015

Painting, Painting, Painting!

So the guest bedroom redo is underway.  This room has not been painted in 6 years!  That's a long time for me.  It's winter here and very cold outside, so I wanted to get all these projects done now, so when the warmer weather gets here I can spend it on the outside of the house, I love being outside.  

The room was a very light sea green color.  I used alot of red, cream and burlap to decorate the room.
I found some painting tricks along the way over the years, and I discovered that old fitted queen bedsheets work well to use as cover ups.  I piled things on the bed, I had nowhere else to put them, and stretched the sheet bed post to bed post, works great!
      
Nice size room but the ceilings are 9 ft. high, so alot of up and down the ladder. I am really getting too old for this stuff!
Alot of trim to do around the ceiling and walls....
And the doors and windows.  The double doors are a big closet, and the closed door is access to a full bath on the first floor, the opened door is the entry to the room.
This is my "go to" paint for all the ceilings in my home - Behr Premium Plus Flat in Popped Corn.  I think it works well in light and dark rooms, it's not too bright although it is a white, and not too dull and flat.
My secret tool for doing the ceilings, paint doesn't splatter everywhere.
This is the Lowe's Valspar Paint that I used to paint the room.
 I covered the fan blades with newspaper so I don't get paint all over it.
Ceiling done, now trimming all the walls.
I also freshened up the wood trim, my painter left me extra paint, he's a good guy.  I hire him when the job becomes too big for me to do.   Check back tomorrow for the completed redo!






0 comments:

Post a Comment