Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Some Tricks Of The Trade

Here are a few tips and tricks of the trade when painting or repairing things around your home.  I always buy Multi-Surface FROGTAPE when painting, to keep my edges sharp and clean or so I don't get paint on other surfaces when painting a room.  I found this new Delicate Surface FROGTAPE that does the same thing for you, but you can put it on freshly painted dry walls and wallpaper, and it doesn't damage the walls and is easier to remove.  So when I was painting my wood trim I used this tape to line between the wood trim and the wall and then the wood trim and the ceramic tile floor, VOILA! No paint where it's not supposed to be.  Makes life a little easier. 
I used the green FROGTAPE to line a space that I had to caulk on the sink between the sink top and the sides of the counter top that had a gap in it from the house settling.
 The result was a nice, clean, crisp line of caulk and no mess.
Look, look, look new colors!  I love these little 8 ounce paint samples that Lowe's sells from Valspar paint.  They are perfect for painting something small, it's not canned paint, the colors are so pretty and they are only $2.98 each.  Beats buying a gallon or quart of paint if you don't need that much.  They are also great for craft projects.
Top -  Summer Sparrow
Middle Left to Right - Sea Air,Gravity
Bottom Left to Right - Spanish Tile,Ultra White,Indigo Cloth

 This is another one of the better things I have found while perusing the aisles at home improvements centers.  If you have hardwood floors and pets and/or kids, you all know they can be hard on the floors.  This little MINWAX Wood Finish Stain Marker hides all the damage that happens to your floors, this touches-up and fills in your scratches and scraps so you don't even notice them.



0 comments:

Post a Comment