Friday, March 6, 2015

Do The Dishes!

I love pretty dishes, but why do I have so many sets of them?  Ten sets to be exact, who needs ten sets of dishes? No one, that's who.  I can't part with the ones I have, although this past year I did send a set to the thrift store, and gave my daughter a set of china that I had for 27 years.  I love to decorate with them, hang them on walls, set the dining room table for a meal or just to decorate it for everyday to look pretty.  My dining room is a soft yellow, I am now bringing more of that color into the house, to brighten things up a bit.  The weather this winter made me do that!  I switched out the reds and green for blues and yellows, and I have to say I like it, they are classics together.  I picked up things, while out and about, to decorate along with my blue and white Willow patterned china.  I may be painting this dining room furniture white this summer if I get the energy, it's old and needs an update.  I'll also cover the seats on the chairs, the fabric is outdated.

I set the table with the Willow china,a navy charger, hyacinth woven placemat and a yellow and white checked cloth napkin.
 I was in Home Goods and found these yellow chrysanthemum bowls for $3.99 each so I scooped them up to change up my table.
The petals are really detailed and they look pretty against the blue.
 
This is how the table looked before.
And this is how it looks now!  Yellow brightens everything up, it's like sunshine.
 A jute woven runner, whitewashed lantern, greenery garlands, lighted twigs, blue and white pottery and lemons finish my table off. 
I also found in Home Goods this slice of tree trunk.  You can use it to serve on or decorate with.  I have another one that has ball feet on it.  They're great for a rustic themed party to serve food on.
 Just a sign that keeps me hoping that Spring is in the air!





0 comments:

Post a Comment