Monday, March 9, 2015

If It's Gold, It's Old!

Welcome to the new bathroom!  I finally finished it after 6 days, yes that's how long it took me to do this room.  Why you may ask, because I'm old and tired and it takes me longer to do things now.  I did almost all of it by myself, the hubby was away, and the boys who belong to this Jack and Jill bathroom were nowhere to be found!  But I sucked it buttercup and got it done.  I had to put 2 coats of mold killing primer on the walls, ceiling and wood trim, 2 coats of ceiling paint and 2 coats of paint on the walls.  No to mention ALL the trim in this room and caulking that had to be done, aye yai yai! That is why it took me so long.  I finished it up at 9:00 last night after working all day in there.  I still have pictures to hang and other decor to put in the room, but today is my day of rest.

Tub and toilet area before....
And look how pretty it is now.  The color, Silver Screen from Behr Paint, it's a light silvery gray/blue shade of gray.
 This is the before and after of the sink and linen closet area going into one of the bedrooms.  They needed more storage so the sink was not all clogged up with their stuff.  I purchased this HEMNES tiered shelf from IKEA, with the family discount card it was only $84.15.  The white storage baskets on the shelf are from Target.
 Before and after of the sink area going into the other bedroom.
 I purchased this handy dandy HJALMAREN towel rack at IKEA too, so they stop hanging wet towels off the door handles, it was $79.99.  Also at IKEA this 5 x 3 foot HULSIG rug for the floor, $14.99.  I am happy to say it's all done and now I can move on to redoing the guest room, stay tuned.





0 comments:

Post a Comment