Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Falling Over FALL!

This is my favorite time of year, always has been.  Brings more structure to everything in my life, kids go back to college, dinner at a reasonable hour, more sleep, who doesn't want that?!  Cooler days and even cooler nights which I love, because I can get snuggled up on the rocking chairs on the deck with a blanket, and watch the leaves fall from the trees.  The bonfires in the backyard have already started and the smell of burning wood is in the air.  I was not going to decorate for this season, but it got the best of me and I did it.  I took a trip to the country to buy all my outdoor Fall deco's, they are less expensive out there.  I only decorated a few things, but it still makes me so H-A-P-P-Y!

I found this wood bottom metal basket at Marshall's this past week, so I dressed it up with all things Fall.
 One of my favorite things to do is burn candles for the fragrance of the season.  Little pumpkins, oak leaves and acorns fill in the basket.
 I fell for this black and ivory checkered pumpkin at Home Goods and had to bring it home.
 I picked up this rustic oval metal platter for decorating, at The Old Candle Barn, in Lancaster, PA, for $17.99.  It measures 22" long and 14" wide
 I filled it with all things Fall too!
 The velvet fabric pumpkin I found at Marshall's, oak leaves at Walmart, little white pumpkins and the acorns at  The Old Candle Barn.
 I've had this Jack-o-Lantern for over 20 years, he lights up.
 Odd pumpkins, mums, kale, millet and cornstalks, I purchased at my favorite Amish fruit stand.
The entryway all done and ready for harvest time.  The cat is checking it all out.
 Hay bales, mums, corn, scarecrows and pumpkins at the sidewalk.  This guy at the side door greets any guests.
 This is the millet at the front door, the birds love it.  The stand that I go to leaves the corn on the stalks, but pull the corn down to expose it, then wrap it to secure to the stalks, a little something extra.  I do not keep the corn on the stalks near the front door of the house because of the squirrels.
And Christmas is in the stores now too.  I couldn't resist, so I picked up these two small wreaths, made of white pine, pine cones with flocked snow and iridescent glitter for $4.95 each.
 
 Glistening bird nest  for $4.95.
 It is on a long branch and perfect for a mantle.  Both wreaths and the bird nest branch were purchased at King's.








0 comments:

Post a Comment