Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cookie Party Lunch

I went all out for my table scape and decorated down the center of the dining room table for my cookie party luncheon.  I wanted to keep things simple and confined to that center space so it would not interfere with my china.  I started off with the glittered reindeer and sleigh filled with champagne and red colored balls, some balls were glittered.  I added pine garlands, snowflakes, scattered small glass mercury balls, cardinals and battery operated twigs.  Little dishes of chocolate truffles were tucked in between the garlands for everyone to enjoy. 
Each place was set with a red charger, vintage china, a fancy hand folded napkin and a holiday cracker.
 
Here was the fun part, I gave each of my guests a goodie bag tied to their chair with a spatula that was hand painted with paint makers, that had their name and "2014 Baking Babes" written on the handle.  Inside the bag was a porcelain Christmas tea cup, a tea infuser, tea bag coaster and Christmas tea bags.  A little gift to enjoy with their cookies.
 All the bags were $1.00 at the Christmas Tree Shop and were decorated with felt and glitter, I love the glitter!  These are just a small sampling of the ones I purchased.
For lunch, I started with an appetizer - Italian Tuna Platter With Campari Tomatoes, Olive Salad with Feta, Sharp Provolone, Bruschetta and a sliced Baguette.  The main course was Farfalle with Fresh Basil and Roasted Herbed Grape Tomatoes, Pesto Foccacia with Parmigiano, Mixed Spring Greens Salad with Garlic Dressing and for dessert, Cannolis.  We also played some quick fun games with rewards for the most questions answered, and then it was back to work baking all those cookies.  I have already given away 3 cookie trays and still have a bunch left over!  I love the cookie party and I am already thinking about what to do next year.


0 comments:

Post a Comment