Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Who Doesn't Like The Christmas Lights?

This is my least favorite job when decorating for the holidays, the lights.  It's the worst, no matter how careful you are wrapping them up when putting them away, you always have a tangled mess when you need to put them back out.  OR, you check them, get them all up and then they don't work.  This happened to me yesterday when decorating the outside of the house.  I got the garland hung around the door, plugged the lights in, strung them around the garland, I get down from the ladder and the lights go out! What evil lurks around the putting up of the lights?!  I left them there and strung a new set of lights, my nerves couldn't take it anymore.

These lights were for inside.  Nasty little buggers, a tangled mess.
 Got them up and they do look pretty.  The garland and ribbon have a music note pattern on them and the garland spells out Merry Christmas in silver glitter.  On top of the china cabinet, vintage Santa was my mother's and paper mache reindeer I have had for a very long time.
 Flocked wreath I bought, I just added the red flannel bow and the sign. Dollar Tree store gold and ivory charger, ivory bottle brush trees with gold stars I had, and gold glittered reindeer were $1.00 each at the Christmas Tree Shop.
 Flocked scrub pine and pine cone candle rings I got at King's.  Vintage silver tray and sugar cube bowl, I just added a little glittered tree, some Shiny Bright glass balls and candy canes to the tray.
 Lantern centerpiece I made with things I already had.  Wood and metal tray from Home Goods, wreath, pine cones, red clustered berrys, glittered balls, snowflakes and a burlap bow.  Snow couple candle holder I have had since the early 90's and the peppermint candy candle ring is new from AC Moore.


0 comments:

Post a Comment