Thursday, December 4, 2014

The 12 Days Of Christmas

I have spent the last 12 days (OMG! the 12 days of Christmas!) decorating this house.  I need to stop getting caught up in all the minutiae!  Every little thing set up right and detailed, that is why it has taken me 12 days to get this house in shape for the holidays.  It's like putting tinsel on a 100 foot tree strand by strand!  It's looks nice, not great but OK, I can live with it.  I tried and gave it my best shot.  I still have to put the tree up, then I will be done.  Here are more of the things I did this year. 

I added a double wreath to the chandelier in the dining room, attached a double sided bow to the top, I stuck bows and tails in the wreath, and a couple of cardinals are on the branches.  Then I strung big gold, silver and champagne colored balls, some are glittered, from the arms of the lights, along with prisms and champagne colored glittered snowflakes, ah yeah, that took me all day!
I found these champagne colored glittered reindeer decorated with satin bows and pearls, at Marshall's.
I paired them with this iridescent champagne colored metal sleigh from Home Goods.
I switched out the pillow covers in the family room with covers from IKEA - $7.00 each for the red and white ones and $16.99 for the sweater pillow.
Reindeer burlap table runner - $7.99, Christmas Tree Shop.
Plaid fabric looped trees - Large $9.99 and Small $6.99, Christmas Tree Shop.
Glistening tree branch with bird nest - $4.99, King's.
The mantel is finally done, after some minor problems.  I used artificial greens with fresh cedar greens mixed in with berrys and natural pine cones. The garland on the bottom is big jingle bells that are strung on red and ivory cotton ribbon.
Handmade silver glitter bows and organza poinsettia clip on's with jingle bell centers, bought them at Christmas Tree Shop for $1.99 each.  Sequined reindeer on either side are from last year, I added red glittered picks around the neck. Silver glittered pine cones are tucked in the branches of the greens.
Ice crystal branches, $4.99, AC Moore and Glittered light branches, $7.99, Christmas Tree Shop.
 Big, red, metallic star center, $1.99, Christmas Tree Shop.  I love a cloche!  This is a seeded glass one that I found on clearance at Marshall's for $3.00 so I grabbed it.  Red star charger, $1.00, Dollar Tree, the tree is part of my collection of trees, boy and snowman figurine is vintage and is also something I had, as well as the wreath.
This is a Pendelton Pure Virgin Wool Blanket that I put out every Christmas, I love the red plaid.  It came with my Lane cedar chest, that my husband bought me before we were married, so I could store keepsakes from our wedding and then eventually special baby clothing from our kids.  I love this blanket but it is starting to show it's age unfortunately.  It has a small tear that needs to be mended, but after all it has been used for 28 years.





0 comments:

Post a Comment