Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ladybug, Ladybug

I was outside decorating for Christmas here in the East, and much to my surprise I saw a wasp and this little lady, who flew onto one of my bows.  It was 66 degrees outside yesterday and today we are getting snow!  Crazy weather this time of year.  Well, I finished all the decorating except for the tree, still debating - real or fake?  I love the smell of a real tree, Fraser firs are my favorite, so still undecided but have to get moving on it, it's December I have to get one up and soon.  My youngest will be home for Christmas and my annual cookie baking party is December 20th. That day is a very busy day, baking from sun up to sun down with lots of family and friends.

Ladybug, Ladybug fly away home.
I love a silver tree.  I found this 24 pack of red felt stars for 99 cents,  They are red on one side and green on the other.  I used them on the tree, wreath and...
 these little dollar store wreaths with pine cones that I have had for about 20 years.  I jazzed them up this year with red velvet ribbon.
 Rusty chalkboard with pom pom garland that I made.
New this year, mixed pine garlands.  I love them, they are fluffy and look real.  Put them up on the catwalk and the railings.  This is my oldest daughters job every year.
 Decorated with snowflakes and peppermint candy ornaments.  This vintage Avon advent calendar I have had since before my youngest born.  It came out in 1987.  This has been her job since she was able to walk, changing the mouse to countdown the days until Christmas, I'll have to move the mouse until she gets home.











0 comments:

Post a Comment