Monday, June 1, 2015

Furniture Facelift

Remember I told you I changed a room full of furniture?  Well this is a piece that is going into my dining room, I've had it stored for 10 years in my shed! This is part of a hutch that I bought about 20 years ago.  When we moved into our current home, I didn't have a need for it but could not part with it.  I spent a lot of money for this very well made and heavy piece of furniture, it took forever for it to ship when I purchased it, but it was worth the wait, I just love it.   The bottom half of this piece, my daughter used for awhile in her dining room.  We painted a whole antique dining room set, and the bottom half of this hutch, black. She didn't want the top half, that is why it was stored and never painted.  When she moved, I got the bottom half back and used it for a coffee bar, but since I rearranged the furniture, that piece is now going to be matched back up with this top piece, so I had the hubby drag it out of our shed.  It has a light in the cabinet, but field mice gnawed at the cord so I have to replace that part of it, but other than that nothing else is damaged. 

By the looks of these pictures you can see why I need the whole thing back together again.  This room is a total mess!  Dishes and storage containers full of dishes are everywhere!  I need to get on the ball and get this piece done, and harmony will be restored in my house.
Once the top half is painted black, it will be used in my dining room and back to work storing dishes. 
Took all the hardware off and the glass out.  Taped it off with newspaper, because I wanted the top and the wood stained back of it to maintain the color, to match the bottom part of the cabinet.  Then I started sanding it.
This is my paint, bought it at Walmart.  Just a satin finish black spray paint.  I gave the top three coats of paint.
First coat of paint going on....
The top will sit on this bottom half that has already been painted black.  It's a big job and I can't wait until it's done!
So here is the hutch face lift, I am finally done and things are getting back to normal in the dining room.  I can breath a little bit now, I don't like my house in disarray it makes me crazy.  I like a place for everything and everything in it's place.  My dining room has been torn apart for about a month now, because I needed to get this cabinet matched up with paint, and the weather was not cooperating with me, so it's done and looks great!  Matches my dining room furniture perfectly, you would think I bought the table and chairs and the cabinet as a set.
 Got the cabinet full with dishes, not exactly the way I want it, but I will play with it to get the look I want.






0 comments:

Post a Comment