Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pizza Express

We are big pizza eaters in my house, at least once a week we have pizza on the menu.  Everyone loves it and its satisfying, served with a salad it makes a nice meal.  I tried a new way of making pizza last night, I usually make my own dough and homemade pizza sauce, but I came up with a new express way of making pizza on the grill, and I have to tell you it was fantastic.  Taste just like a brick oven pizza, without the cost or giving up any of the flavor.  It was a hit with the family, they are my biggest critics, and if it passed them I know I will be making it again.

I used Brooklyn Bred Pizza Crusts.  BJ's as well as Costco sells these.  I also use them for pesto bread which is awesome!  Heat your grill and put them on to crisp up for about 5 minutes on each side.  Be careful and watch them so they don't burn, all grills are different.
My nice friend turned me on to this pizza sauce, it's the best and tastes great! After the crusts crisp up to your liking, add sauce......
A little fresh basil from the garden doesn't hurt.....
And this cheese blend I found at  BJ's, it's great and adds alot of different flavor to my pizzas.
And heeerrrre they are!  If the bottoms of your pizzas get too brown, turn the grill off and set the pizzas to the side, close the lid so the cheese melts.
My pizzas are all done and they look fabulous!
 I cut them across, you can get 5 - 6 slices from each crust, depending how big you cut them.
 Crispy crust on the bottom, just like brick oven pizza!  




0 comments:

Post a Comment