Monday, June 29, 2015

The Black And Whites - Loving Old Photos

There is something about old black and white photos that I love.  Times gone by, even before I was ever thought of.  When I look at these old photos,  I can see what  my mother, aunts and other relatives looked like when they were young, they were vibrant and having fun.  I can see my ancestry, where my looks came from and mannerisms. It's sad that they are all gone now, but having these photos out and displayed reminds me of them day to day.  

This photo, I'm guessing is from the late 1930's.  The reason I know this is because my mother was born in 1933 and she is only about 6 or 7 in this picture.  My mother is front and center, my aunt (her sister) is on the right.  My grandmother is in the back on the left.  My Aunt Edie (left) and Aunt Helen (right next to Aunt Edie) were my grandfather's sisters.  Aunt Edie later became a Missionary Sister of the Sacred Heart.  She was a tiny person who only stood about 4 feet 10 inches and was full of fun.  The other sister I do not know, but I am sure she was fun hanging around this group of ladies!
Left:  My grandmother, my mother on the right and my Aunt on the left.  I'm sure it was my mother's First Holy Communion day.
Right: My Aunt's First Holy Communion and May procession.
Left: My aunt and my grandmother.
Right: All grown up, my aunt on the left and my mother on the right.
My mother and father on their wedding day.
 
My sister and her favorite doll, she carried it everywhere!  My sister had the most beautiful, thick, black hair when she was little.

Big baggy sailor outfit, and yes that's me, dressed to the nines, I still love clothes and fashion today!  I even had my gloves inside the bag, because I was all dressed up and had places to go.







0 comments:

Post a Comment