Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Little Bit Of Dirt And A Lotta Love!

Way back in May I started my vegetable garden, my son rototilled a patch of soil for me to get it started.  I love having fresh vegetables in the Summer, and planting and growing your own beats paying for them.   I can go right out to my patch, pick what I need right from the vine, pesticide free.  It keeps me busy though, caring for it, watering, keeping groundhogs and deer out of it, it's like a smorgasbord for them.  I'm sure they share the news with all their animal friends that WE have a garden and it's free eats for all of those who hang out in the woods!  So far so good, they haven't touched it, but things aren't ripe yet, so we'll see how it goes.

This is the size of my patch on May 3rd.....
Veggies getting started on May 8th.....
Growing fast, so I staked everything on May 23rd......
And BOOM BABY, a month later on June 23rd!  Look at the size of everything.  What I have producing already, 5 kinds of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, kale, 3 different kinds of beans and fennel.  These veggies will come in later, corn, beets, cucumbers, peas, carrots and onions.  It looks great and can't wait to start picking and eating from the vine.










0 comments:

Post a Comment