Friday, June 12, 2015

Hail To The Kale Chips!

I planted a sizable garden this year and my kale plants are producing like crazy.  I have so much of it, we will probably get tired of eating it.  I had to do something different with it besides sauteing or using it in salad, so I made some kale chips along with some beet green chips.  I have to say, the chips aren't too bad.  My son, the vegan, eats them all the time, but they are very expensive to buy, and the bags usually do not have much in them. So now I will be making him these wonderful healthy chips for a snack, and I will be partaking in them too!

Completely wash the kale, I put the leaves in a clean sink, filled it up with water and let them sit overnight.  Took them out of the sink, stripped the leaves off the ribs, and tore the leaves into pieces.
 I dried them on a clean dish towel then put them in a salad spinner to remove the excess water.
 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  I spread  the leaves out on baking sheets, drizzled with just a little olive oil and kosher salt.
 Bake just until crispy, about 6 minutes (depending on your oven),  and store in a parchement lined container.  I also used beet greens, and baked them the same way.
 Great healthy alternative to potato chips.  Season however you like and enjoy!






0 comments:

Post a Comment