Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Brisket, A Brisket!

Well, this is something I have never made before, beef brisket.  Why, you may ask?  Because I was always afraid it would be tough.  Brisket is not friendly if you don't know what you are doing.  You have to really season this cut of beef, and cook it for a long time so it tenderizes.  That is why I shied away from it.  Bound to the house all day is not fun for me, but it's been cold outside and I stay in when it's cold, so I gave it try. I cooked it in the slow cooker and it turned out fabulous!  Tender, juicy slices of pure deliciousness on a bun, that's all I'm sayin'.
Recipe below.
To print recipe, click on it, highlight and print.
To view photos in a larger format, click on them.
Eileen's Beef Brisket In The Slow Cooker

Ingredients
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sugar
2 lb beef brisket
1/2 cup beef stock

Directions
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and sugar, blend it altogether. Rub this mixture on both sides of the brisket.  Pour the beef stock in the bowl of a slow cooker. Lay the brisket on top, put the lid on and set it on high.  Cook the brisket for 6 -7 hours until fork tender. Turn the temperature down on the slow cooker to low.  Lift the brisket out, let it cool for 30 minutes, then slice it down.  Return to the juice in the slow cooker.  Heat through, serve on crusty rolls.   




0 comments:

Post a Comment