Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Mahi Mahi, The Other Whitefish

Since I am usually cooking for two people nowadays, it gets a little tough finding food in proportions.  I don't like cutting steaks in half, or chicken breasts, you get the picture.  But, since I do a lot of food shopping at Trader Joe's, I started perusing their frozen section.  Now, I don't use a lot of things frozen, most of my cooking is fresh, when it comes to meat or fish.  So while looking through their fish section, they are reasonably priced by the way I just thought I would throw that out there for you, I saw packages of Mahi Mahi and thought I would given them a try.  Well I wasn't sorry, four nice pieces for less than $7.  There was a recipe for 2 different sauces right on the package, as well as lots of different ways to cook it.  You gotta love Trader Joe's, they do everything for you, and  in less than 7 minutes dinner is on the table, you can't beat that!  Check out Trader Joe's, lots of good things that are good for you in that grocery store.
Recipe below.
To print recipe click on it, highlight and print.
To view photos in a larger format, click on them.

Look at these beautiful cuts of Mahi Mahi, ready to sear in the pan.
Just right.....
     
 Now for the sauce - Butter, lemon, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
     
Wow this has amazing flavor!
 
 So, I went a little overboard, everything for dinner was from Trader Joe's.  These vegetables are awesome.
 Oh, the whole grain rolls and sweet potatoes were too!  The rolls are a new favorite in the house.  
 How delicious does this look?
Mahi Mahi in Lemon Pepper Sauce

Ingredients
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 fillets Mahi Mahi
1/2 of a stick butter (2 oz)
Zest from a lemon
Juice from lemon
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
Heat olive oil in a frying pan over high heat.  Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Cook fish in pan for 3 minutes on each side.  In a medium microwaveable bowl, melt the butter with lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley and the remaining salt and pepper. Pour over the fish in the pan, simmer for a few minutes until the flavors meld together.  Makes 4 servings. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment