Tuesday, September 29, 2015

It's Gobble, Gobble Time

Fall has arrived here in the East, and I am in full gear of making stick to your ribs kind of meals.  I love, love, love this time of year! It's a cozy time, more settled, less running around, a time to kick back and enjoy life on the quiet side.

While I was at the market back in the Summer, I bought half of a Honey Brined Turkey Breast and stuck it in the freezer.  It was time to break it out, since it has been on my mind during these cooler days of September. Check out what I did with it!

I started off with these three ingredients to make a tasty, juicy turkey breast and the start of my meal.
 I didn't see any sense in buying a bag of stuffing mix, because they are too big for just two people, so I opted for the easy way out and used boxed.  I made the cornbread stuffing according to the package directions, and then mounded it in the bottom of my baking dish.
 This was the packaging that my turkey breast came in.  As you can see it was about a 2 1/2 lb turkey breast.  I think only Wegman's sells these and they are fantastic!
 I placed the turkey breast on top of the stuffing, drizzled 2 tablespoons of honey over it and sprinkled 1/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning over the top.  Add 1/3 cup of water to the baking dish, cover with foil and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 1 hour. In the last 10 minutes remove the foil so it browns nicely.  All ovens are different, so check to see if juices run clear before taking it out of the oven.
 WOW!  It was so juicy, sweet and delicious.  It was a mini Thanksgiving meal.
 Oh, and DO NOT forget the cranberry sauce. This turkey breast and stuffing served 2 of us with leftovers for 2 more people.  I also served a small wedge salad of iceberg lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes with ranch dressing, my dinner was complete and filling.  I WILL be making this again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment