Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mmmmmm..... The Roasted Veggies

Down to four people in the house, now that my youngest went back to college.  My youngest son who is vegan commutes to college, so he is usually at the dinner table, and my other son is only home 2 nights a week.  Cooking dinner becomes tricky this time of year for me trying to please everyones taste buds, when there are so few of us eating.  Fresh vegetables are always on the table, no matter what or who likes them.

I made grilled chicken yesterday for dinner, and roasted veggies on the grill.  The vegan had the roasted veggies mixed with Farfalle, which were side dishes for us.  It's not really hard cooking, I just have to have more of a thought process behind it, "what will he eat" when there is meat on the table.

These are my roasted veggies and how I made them - I use one small green zucchini and one small yellow squash, 1/2 red onion, 1/2 red pepper, and a handful of grape tomatoes, salt, pepper, herbs de provence, garlic and olive oil.  Toss this all together in a bowl and then put into a grill basket on the grill.  Grill until lightly browned, tossing as they are cooking.  The flavor of them is amazing!  Eat them plain, mixed with hot pasta, mixed into a pasta salad, as a veggie sandwich maybe add regular cheese or vegan cheese, these are a few ideas, but many different ways to use them.

NOTE:  These can also be made in the oven, roast at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Toss once during cooking.  Cooking time may vary as all ovens are different.





0 comments:

Post a Comment