Friday, November 22, 2013

Crazy Christmas Decorating Time!

You are not going to believe this, I am in day 6 of decorating the house for Christmas.  This is crazy, why do I put myself through this?  I asked my sister this same question and she said jokingly, "Because it's the most wonderful time of the year".  Really, then why is my whole body aching, I'm tired and cranky.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, I just love it better when all the decorating is done.  This year I came up with a new idea for my sister and I, we are switching some of our decorations, we are sharing (it's always nice to share).  This way we don't have to buy new things, because we can't afford to, but it will seem like we did. So, stay tuned I still have A LOT to get done!

This is the first time I decorated this light.  I took 2 handmade bows and attached them to the light fixture with floral wire, hung some prisms and big gold and silver glitter balls.
 Burlap runner stamped with wording and poinsettias.  Crystal cake stand with a silver wreath, 2 red pillars in hurricane vases and 2 red votives in votive cups.  
 Up close of the cake stand.  Hurricane with all Walmart deco's that were 75% off last year.  I made 2 of these for both sides of the table.  Total cost for both was $5.00!  Inside the china cabinet is decorated too.
 Little gold sequined and glittered tree in an antique tea cup.
 Found these last year, 20 stringed bell lights for $3.00.  They are very 1950's looking.
 This is an electric candle that flickers, just like a real flame. The glitter moves around, it's a really cool light!
Then I got the dining room tree up, it's decorated in Santa's. I DO have to get that cord hidden though!
This is the downstairs bathroom, it's decorated with lots of snowmen that have been given to me over the last 26 years.
Craft Tip:  Every year I save some of the Christmas cards that we receive.  These were snowmen cards that I cut to fit the frames, then hung them in the bathroom to go with the rest of the snowmen.  No cost, I already had pictures in the frames in the bathroom, I just switched them out.
And, the mantel.  Glittered sequined reindeer, big and small glittered snowflakes, lights, glittered green light bulbs, red glittered ting ting, pinecone mixed greens garland.











0 comments:

Post a Comment