Monday, November 4, 2013

Chicken Sausages With Peppers And Onions

By mistake I grabbed chicken sausages, instead of pork sausages, at Wegman's last weekend. I cooked them anyway without telling my family just to see if they would notice.  Well, they didn't notice and I didn't tell them either, ha ha. I did ask how they liked them and they all said they were good and to save any of the leftovers!  These were juicier and more tender than pork sausages but I think the flavors were still the same, and if my family didn't notice that means they were good.  Served up on a good, bakery fresh, crusty roll and umm umm umm!

In 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, cook the sausages.  About halfway through cooking them, seed and slice up 1 green, red, or orange bell pepper and 1/2 of a sweet onion.  Add a little salt, pepper and garlic powder, and continue to cook until the sausages are no longer pink inside.  Serve on a crusty bakery roll.


0 comments:

Post a Comment