Monday, November 25, 2013

Keep Calm and Jingle On.........

 DAY 7! I am still at it, decorating is almost done.  I did the kitchen yesterday and then the front of the house will get done, providing the weather does not get too cold.  I do not like the cold, at all.  The last thing to do  will be putting up the tree and decorating it.  Then I will be able to relax until Christmas Eve.  That's party time with my family and friends at my daughter's house, it will be her time to work and I can be a guest, that's always fun for me, because I don't have to do a thing.

This is a cupcake dome, I put in some iridescent shred and a little house.  The snowman is handmade out of paper, stuffed and hand painted.
Collector Car with tree in the seat.  This is a replica of the original model, in detail, of a pedal car from the 1940's and 1950's.
Metal Train Lantern with stuffed snowman, pine candle ring and seed lights.  A cup of Christmas Tea and Tea Cup.
Metal Tray is a replica of a tin ceiling in Old New Orleans.  Hurricane with sand, candles and scrub brush pine wreath. Gold Stars are candles
My daughter gave me this 3D card last year, I thought it was so pretty I framed it.  This little cardinal in a basket of pine twigs and holly is my favorite winter decoration.
Real Wood Window Shutter that is hand painted with a snowman.  This is the tree I made for my kitchen, I put it into this galvanized metal bucket with handles.
 My mother had these little elves (now The Elf On The Shelf craze) when we were growing up.  She would have them sitting in all different places around our house.  I could not find these anywhere and recently came upon a website that sold them.  These are the original elves from the 1960's.   My daughter can make a BEAUTIFUL handmade bow!
I love my Red Feather Wreath!
This can on the right is an old antique film can with hand painted snowmen on it.  This is an antique apothecary jar hand painted with a snowman.
Big, red, white and silver striped knit mitten. I took some mixed green branches, a snowflake and bow and decorated my laundry room door with it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment