Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Maple Glazed Salmon

We are salmon eaters in my house, and I am always trying new ways to make it.  I like it plain, with sauces and even make my own pineapple salsa as a topping.  Don't shy away from cooking it, it really is easy. I have done it on the grill with cedar planks, in the oven and on top of the stove.  It does not take long to cook and is good for you.  I get my salmon from Costco, they package it in a big slab, no skin (i don't like it when it's on there) or bones, and then I repackage it, by cutting it in slices, when I get it home.  Salmon should never smell fishy, if it does it's bad.  It has a very neutral smell, and should be a nice pink color when you buy it from the market.  I made this Maple Glazed Salmon right on top of the stove, it takes no time at all.  This is how I made it:

Maple Glazed Salmon
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 - 5 oz. piece of salmon
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Heat the oil, on medium high, in a medium size fry pan. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper.  Reduce heat to medium and place the salmon bottom side down in the pan.  Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on that side, it should have a crust.  Then with a big spatula flip it to the other side and cook for 5-7 minutes. Flip it back over and pour the maple syrup over the top and cook for another minute or two so the syrup caramelizes. 

Seasoned and starting to cook.  Bottom side flipped over and with a crust.
Top side crusted and caramelized, try it it's easy!







0 comments:

Post a Comment