Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Smoothie Operator

I have been reading a lot about Kefir lately and thought I would give it a try.  Kefir is a cultured milk probiotic with a somewhat tart flavor, is a cousin to yogurt, and only 90 calories per cup. I bought the nonfat, plain unsweetened version, but it does comes in flavors.  I made a smoothie out of it with a small container of nonfat 100 calorie Greek vanilla yogurt, 6 strawberries (only 20 calories) and 1 cup of  Kefir, then blended it in the blender.  The texture is like a strawberry milkshake.  The calorie count for this delicious smoothie is only - 210 calories!  For a breakfast that is not only good, but good for you, and that my friends is awesome! 

The ingredients and all shook up.
 Strawberry Smoothie Time!  Stick a straw in it and slurp away.




0 comments:

Post a Comment