Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Christmas Peek!

I am gearing up for my annual Christmas Cookie Baking Party (it has been affectionately called a sweat shop), so I thought I would get into the spirit by looking at some pictures of Christmas from years gone by.  These are pictures of some decorations that I have collected or made over the years.  I like to have the whole house decorated by the time the baking party rolls around.  The decorations and the Christmas music, get all of us moving and shaking to get our cookies baked.  I usually have 6 - 8 people baking hundreds and hundreds of cookies on that day in my kitchen.  Everyone contributes to the ingredients so the expense is minimal. My kitchen has double ovens so we can bake 8 sheets at a time, a time saver!  We stop just long enough to have a really nice lunch, that I prepare for everyone, and then it's back to work.  I will also say, that there may be some drinking involved while we are baking!  After we are all done, about 8-10 hours later, everyone gets to take home a huge tray loaded with a variety of Christmas cookies to share with family and friends.  This year there will be about 15 - 20 different cookies that we will need to bake, and I WILL be cracking the whip!

This is one of the cookies we made last year, flaky pastry Bow Cookies with Fruit Filling, dusted with 10X sugar.
And Chocolate Drop Cookies with Sprinkles.  These two cookies were added last year to our list.
Christmas tree up, then lit.  I love my tree.
And so does Jessie! He's keeping warm under the lights.
 The stockings were hung by the chimney with care....
 In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.    Some Santa's I have collected over the years.
 And don't ya just love a snowman! They make me happy.
My little kitchen tree is decorated with small rusty kitchen utensils and snowmen.
 Table set for Christmas Cookie Party Luncheon with silver, gold, ivory and green
Rustic Handmade Merry Christmas Banner made from stock and scrapbook paper.


























0 comments:

Post a Comment