Monday, October 21, 2013

Winter Cleaning - UGH! THE WINDOWS

When we built this house, I didn't realize that Palladian windows don't open, I have 4 of them and 1 large picture window.  They are very high up and you can't reach them to clean them, especially when you are short, afraid of heights and don't like climbing ladders.  I can't afford to hire window washers, so I took a trip to the Home Depot to see if they could help me out, and they did!  While perusing the aisles, I came across this Windex Outdoor Glass and Patio cleaner.  I took it home, hooked it up to the hose, and VOILA! Instant clean windows.

This is the stuff you need to get.  Turn the nozzle to rinse the window, turn nozzle again to soap it up, then turn nozzle back to rinse again, E-A-S-Y.
Start washing those dirty windows!
LEFT: Then I did this monstrosity of a window, the transom windows and storm doors, everything sparkled when it was all done.   
RIGHT: I have 3 of these type windows that could not be reached. One in front of the house and 2 in the back of the house.
 Then it was around to the side of the side of the house.   It was a big job but I only used 1 bottle of cleaner! AMAZING stuff.  Now I have to get my son to do the inside of them! He is NOT afraid of heights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment