Friday, October 18, 2013

Crafty Crafter

This time of year I am always looking for things to make or transform.  I found this chalkboard at Marshall's in the clearance bin for $7.00, so I took it home, took it apart, and painted the frame with a textured rusty spray paint, and then re-painted the chalkboard with black chalkboard paint.  It now looks old and rusty!  I will use it in the foyer with seasonal greetings written on it.  I may even decorate it with small garlands.
It has taken me 7 years to cover the seat on the island in my closet and I finally did it!  I recycled an old heavy shower curtain that I loved, it shrunk in the dryer, and I already had the foam and batting to make the cushion.  Here is a TIP:  Cut your foam with an electric knife.  Measure it and mark it off with marker, then cut.  It is so much easier than using scissors, and the fabric stores only give you one free cut.  
    
Vintage mirror: I painted the frame silver and the mirror with chalkboard paint. I am going to hang on a Christmas wreath and write Merry Christmas on it. 
These snowmen I made for my sister to hang on her tree.  They are made of cardboard and old sheet music glued together then cut into shape. I drew the faces, stars and hearts on, burned the edges of them, then decorated them with iridescent glitter.  They have glittery garland scarves, pipe cleaner arms and twine hangers.
This was an old ugly 1970's tan chair with ripped vinyl seat, that my daughter was using at her desk in her bedroom.  I sanded it, spray painted it black and covered the seat with a white and black pin dot fabric to match her room.  Always remember...... spray paint is your friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment