Thursday, October 24, 2013

It's a Frame Up!

I took my sister to a few garage sales in my area, and while looking around I noticed a box of sheet music laying on the ground.  On the box $1.00 was handwritten, so I asked the person taking the money if that was correct, and she said yes.  I paid for my find, put it in the car and went onto the next sale, not knowing what was in the rest of the box.  After we got home, my sister and I started looking through the box, and to our surprise there were some very interesting finds in there.  Music from as long ago as the late 1800's!  We had to be very careful because the paper was disintegrating as we touched it.  My gears started turning, as they always do,  and I thought what can I do with these to help preserve them - I'll frame them.  The size of most of the music sheets/books is 11x14, big frames and costly, so I thought I will wait until I see a sale, and I put the music sheets away.

 I had to go to JoAnne Fabrics for sewing machine needles and while walking around the store, they always have a sale, I found these frames.  They are black/brown in color, perfect for my decor, the size was 16 x 20 with the mat size of 11 x 14, imagine that, PERFECT!  The original price was $24.99 each, on sale at 60% off, so I got them for $9.99 each.  I took the last three frames they had in the store.  When I got home, I pulled out my music sheets and framed three of them.  Now I will share some with my sister, after all, had it not been for her I would not have found these little treasures.  Some of the edges are tattered and torn, but that gives them a story, someone long ago used these sheets as they learned how to play an instrument of music.






0 comments:

Post a Comment