Sunday, October 20, 2013

Easy Caprese!

I had a huge box of grape tomatoes that I got at Costco and I knew that outside of putting them in a mixed salad, I would probably end up throwing them out because they would go bad.  I had just picked some fresh basil out of my herb box on the deck, the last of it I am sure of the season, and my brain clicked, Caprese Salad! This would also be good as an appetizer, cube the mozzarella or use Bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), toss with the other ingredients and serve in small cups with appetizer forks.  So flavorful!

I washed all of the tomatoes.
 This fresh mozzarella is great, it's already sliced for you, all you do is open the package!
 Layer in any pattern you like, grape tomatoes on the side, sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper, drizzle with olive oil and top with sliced basil,
DONE! Easy Caprese















0 comments:

Post a Comment