Friday, October 4, 2013

Cheeseburger Please!

My daughter got a Cuisinart Griddle/Panini Maker for her birthday in September, so she has been making all kinds of paninis, she loves the panini maker.  Yesterday she made chicken and steak quesadillas on it.  I don't have an electric panini maker, I have a Calphalon old style do it on the cook top kind.  It has a heavy press so you do get the nice grill marks on you panini.  I shared what I made yesterday with her - A grilled cheeseburger panini. This is how I made it.

I used Zeppy's Multigrain Ciabatta as my roll.  Great tasting, grilled up nicely, low calorie and they are big  so it will make two sandwiches.  You can put whatever you want on yours, I had fried onions and cheese on mine.
 I used 2 burgers and sliced 1/2 of a large sweet onion and grilled them along with the burgers.  I did not use any added fat at all to cook, and look, barely any fat at all from the burgers in the pan.
After the burgers and onions were cooked I put into the panini pan with cooking spray and assembled my sandwich - burger, cheese and onions then put the top on and grilled.
 Flip it over - see those nice grill marks, and cook on the other side.  The cheese melts perfectly, and its crispy and delicious.
All done, enjoy!  This sandwich will serve 2 when cut in half, unless you're not sharing!

Cheeseburger Panini

2 Frozen hamburgers, I used Ballpark pre-cooked hamburgers
salt and pepper, to your taste
1/2 large sweet onion, sliced
1 Zeppy's Multi Grain Ciabatta Flat Bread
2 Slices American cheese, or cheese of your choice
Cooking Spray

In a medium frying pan, on medium - high heat, season the hamburgers and onions with salt and pepper, then cook until browned. Spray the panini maker with the cooking spray and put the bottom half of the ciabatta in the pan.  When the hamburgers and onions are done, heat the grill pan on medium - high heat.  Start layering the ciabatta with the hamburgers, lay them side by side, cheese, the onions and then the top of the ciabatta.  Grill until nicely browned with grill marks then flip it over and grill the other side.  Cut in half and serve.  Makes 2 servings.


0 comments:

Post a Comment