Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Few Dollars And A Can Of Paint

Spring is here and I am finally in "freshen up the house mode".  I was on the hunt for bargains, so I can do it inexpensively.  I took a trip to IKEA with my sister, and found these grommet topped, heavy weight curtains for my kitchen, and low and behold - they were on sale (if you are a member, more about that later) for $19.99 a pair!  They are 57" X 98", no hemming for my windows - GREAT!, and they are the perfect color for my kitchen makeover.  They also came in a darker khaki color.  To get them at that price, you have to be a Family Member, all it takes is to go to the kiosk down by the checkout registers, input your information and voila, when you are done a little orange card pops out of the machine and you start saving immediately.  The savings are only for customers who have the card, all others pay full price.  While I was busy saving on the curtains I found this AKERFRAKEN duvet cover for my son's room, it's getting a makeover too. The duvet set was originally $39.99 and I got it for $29.99, with the family savings card.  I love that the pillow shams button on the edge, it's a nice detail.  He liked the curtains I got for the kitchen so much, I went back and got 2 more pair for his room.  So with a few dollars and a can of paint, the total cost of his complete room makeover will be about $100!





0 comments:

Post a Comment