Thursday, April 17, 2014

Here Comes Peter Cottontail!

Easter is just a few days away, I love Easter, but it is not like it used to be.  My kids when they were little, always had cute little outfits on, that each of their grandmothers would buy them, we would all go to church, then come home and have a big family meal and get together.  A lot of family is gone now, the kids don't even want to get dressed, their idea of getting dressed up is jeans or sweat pants.  I guess I shouldn't complain though, because after all we are together, sharing a meal, family time and poking fun at each other.  My youngest will be home from college, she wanted an Easter basket so I made her one.  She will not be here next year, she'll be in another country studying, I guess I'll have to send her one!  My other three children complained because I made her a basket, two of them do not even eat candy, and the other is 38 years old - go figure.

Left - Longaberger Easter basket with ceramic bunny pin tie on.  I have had this for a number of years and always fill it with candy.  It sits in the foyer for everyone to enjoy.
Right - This is also a Longaberger Basket - The Jelly Bean Basket with ceramic tie on.  I always fill this with Starburst Jelly Beans - they are AWESOME! none better than Starburst.



0 comments:

Post a Comment