Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Chocolate Raspberry Fluff

I had a lot of raspberries in the fridge and wanted to use them up before they went bad.  I love raspberries, anyway I can get them, in desserts, salads or dressings.  They have such a sweet, fresh taste to them.  I was at my favorite grocery store, Wegman's, and found ladyfingers for another recipe I was making, so I added only two of them to garnish each of my dessert cups, also to keep the calories down.  
Recipe below.

I already had a bag of frozen raspberries and all of the other ingredients I had in stock, just had to purchase the ladyfingers.  I processed half of the raspberries in my small food processor.  Straining the raspberries to remove the seeds.
This is all that is left after pushing the puree through the strainer.
 Stir in the confectioners sugar for a little added sweetness.  Mix in the remaining raspberries.
Whipping up the heavy cream.  Folding in the raspberry mixture.
 When all is combined,  divide into four cups, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
 Garnish with ladyfingers, raspberry sauce, a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a few fresh raspberries.  Ready to be served and eaten!
 Chocolate Raspberry Fluff

Ingredients
1 - 12 oz. package of frozen raspberries, thawed
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup very cold heavy cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 - 8 oz. container of light 100 calorie Greek yogurt, I used berry flavored, but plain or vanilla will do
8 ladyfingers
12 fresh raspberries, 3 for each cup for garnish
1/4 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup

Directions
Run half of the berries through a food processor or chopper.  Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and press the berries through to remove the seeds.  Discard the seeds.  Stir the confectioners sugar into the puree, then add the remaining raspberries. Reserve about 1/4 cup of puree to use as garnish.

In a cold medium size mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream with the vanilla on medium high speed with an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.  Gently, with a spatula, fold in the yogurt, then the raspberry puree.

Spoon into dessert cups, cover and refrigerate for 1 -2 hours to set back up. 

To serve: Lightly press 2 ladyfingers into the fluff mixture so they stand up, drizzle with reserved raspberry puree and chocolate syrup, and place whole fresh raspberries on top.  Makes 4 servings.


0 comments:

Post a Comment